As part of its ongoing growth Blu has invested in a new manufacturing area of 634m2.
The production & test area comprises:
- An area of work benches for the hand assembly and test of standard product.
- A thermal test chamber with programmable thermal cycling is available for burn-in, test and verification.
- A dedicated goods inwards and inspection area.
- An area of fully equipped development and test benches.
- A dedicated cleanroom area for the assembly and test of aerospace product. This comprises a better than class 100,000 (ISO8) cleanroom environment of 180m2, controlled for both temperature and humidity and with static dissipative floor. It is equipped with degolding and pretinning baths, comprehensive rework soldering station, component trim & preform tool, SMD stencil printer, manual Pick & Place machine, Vapour Phase reflow soldering machine, and all necessary support equipment, such as vacuum oven, fume hood, microscopes etc.
Specific equipments include:
- SMD Stencil Printer Machine
- SMD Pick-and-Place Machine
- Vapour-Phase Reflow Machine
- Conducted emissions & susceptibility EMC test bench
- All work areas are ESD protected
All operators and inspectors for the cleanroom are ESA certified.
Blu Electronic have gained a reputation for the resolution of obsolescence problems relating to existing electronic units.
To date Blu Electronic have redesigned a number of equipments to maintain identical functionality, interfaces and mechanical format to provide a drop in replacement for obsolete designs.